Insurance Law

Contact our Residential Real Estate Lawyers at Meikle Osgood in Edmonton, AB, to discuss matters related to home Insurance.

The purchaser will have to arrange for insurance to be on the property prior to submitting the transfer to land titles and placing a mortgage on title.

When a mortgage is being obtained with your home purchase the name and address of the mortgagee will have to be shown on the insurance as the first loss payee. The seller should never cancel the insurance until the seller has received the sale proceeds. Transactions will occasionally close after the closing date. You do not want to be in the position where loss occurs, and there is no insurance in place.

Meikle Osgood can help you with the following Residential Real Estate Law Services: