Payment Requirements

Contact our Residential Real Estate Lawyers at Meikle Osgood in Edmonton, AB, to discuss matters related to Payment Requirements.


Certain legislation now requires that we obtain two pieces of identification when acting for the vendor and when acting for the purchaser.

Void cheque

Frequently banks require a void cheque and authorization form for automatic preauthorized payments.


We generally require a certified cheque or bank draft from the purchaser when the purchaser comes to sign-up purchase and mortgage documentation. If we receive cash above a certain amount we are required to report that information to certain authorities, who are involved with monitoring of fraud and terrorism. We would not even be permitted to advise you that we have reported this information. Rather than risk being put on the no-fly list, please ensure you make arrangements for certified cheque or bank draft payable to Meikle Osgood .

Meikle Osgood can help you with the following Residential Real Estate Law Services: