Interim or Bridge Financing

Contact our Residential Real Estate Lawyers at Meikle Osgood in Edmonton, AB, to discuss matters related to Interim or Bridge Financing.

If you are purchasing a property the same day you are selling, you will usually require "interim" or "bridge" financing.

Because registration at land titles takes some time, you do not receive your sale proceeds in time to have registration of the title to the property you are purchasing. To solve this issue a home owner can discuss this with their bank which will often lend money to the home owner on the promise that the loan will be paid back from the proceeds of the pending sale. If you have any questions regarding when interim or bridge financing may be required, or require the assistance of a lawyer to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain such financing, please call us.

Meikle Osgood can help you with the following Residential Real Estate Law Services: